Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daddy's Home!

Jon came in the door last night at 11 and was I ever excited to see him! Jack and I were up watching some late night tv (borrrrring) and we heard the quiet *knock knock*.  He had been gone since Wednesday and I was so happy to have him home.  What a long day he had! Up at 6 am, worked all day and then a 9:00 pm ferry and finally the drive home from Tsawwassen.  I missed him more than I thought I would.  I always do.

In the morning I was pleasantly surprised that he was taking the day off, and he let me sleep in!  Jack was up in the night so I needed a little bit extra this morning.  We had a lazy morning when I got up, he made breakfast, we bathed the kids and decided that we would go skating later on!  Julia was stoked, and especially goofy and happy because Daddy was home.  Her sense of time must be a whole different world because she would ask me a couple times every day when Daddy was coming home. The days activities extended to buying Julia her first pair of skates for her birthday (soo cute!), and a helmet of course.  We then went for lunch at White Spot (not our first choice but uber kid-friendly).  By the time we arrived at the skating rink Julia was so excited she could barely stand the anticipation.  We got her all set up in her skates and she got right out there and skated!! I cannot believe she could do it!! She has been once before with Jon, so I didn't know what to expect, but oh my is she ever a dare devil.  So confident and excited to do anything!  She used the little kid bar but she pushed it around and skated by herself.  She would giggle so much when Jon ditched the kiddy helper thing and took her between his legs around the whole rink and as Julia would say, "Me and Daddy going so fast!"  Like most times family outings since Jack was born, he was totally oblivious as to where we were.  He was so cute all bundled up in the stroller, skating around fast asleep; he was only awake for about 5 minutes!  By the end of it we were all pretty wiped out and headed home.  I was so sad to realize my camera didn't have a CF card in it and I couldn't take any pictures!  I took a few with my iPhone but its really just not the same.  Next time I'll be all over it.


Julia is long asleep, the baby finally settled and I'm going to watch a movie with Jonny!  Good night!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment