Julia is back to preschool and started the new year off in the 4 year old class. 3 days a week seems to be much more satisfying for her and she is enjoying her older classmates' company more so than the younger kids. She loves her teacher, and I have to say I am so pleased with her as well. This is how preschool should be with such an enthusiastic and lovely teacher! She is still very eager to do lots of arts and crafts, as well as learning to skate on Papa's rink and loving her dance class. A very busy little girl, but loving every minute of life! Can't believe she will be 4 next month!
Jack is on the go. I cannot believe how such a quiet little boy could become so active and busy so quickly! He is running around and climbing everything- yes everything. He loves to perch on the highest point in any room, and it drives me crazy! He loves to play with his trucks and read picture books. His vocabulary is growing and he is especially learning a lot from his big sister, he wants to do everything Julia does and mimic's her constantly. She is thrilled that he looks up to her, which works out beautifully and they are great friends! Jack is always surprising us with new dance moves and we all cheer him on while he rocks out to ACDC or Johnny Cash. He is a cool little dude.
I just went back to school after a 5 year break, and although I am only taking one course, I am loving it! I was hoping to take 2 but it didn't work out because of overlapping credits, but maybe this is a better way to ease back into it! It is a psychology course and I find it so fascinating. It is nice to be "formally learning" again, and to have a break for some time to myself.
We have such a busy schedule lined up for the next few months, and I'm so excited for all there is to come!
I am off to Vancouver this weekend for a weekend in Whistler with the girls for Devon's bachelorette. I'm both excited, and nervous. I have never been away from Jack and I'm having a hard time with it, but if I think about it in the long run I would be disappointed I didn't go. I know he will be fine, I am the problem! He is in great hands with Papa. It will be my first weekend away without Jon or the kids since Julia was born. Freedom- how will it feel?!
The day after I come back from Vancouver Katharine is coming to stay with us for 2 weeks! I am soooo excited to see her, it feels like its been forever since she left for her trip around the world. I'm so happy shes coming!
Further along into April, Devon's wedding in Scottsdale, AZ! This will be a blast, and is there any better reason to get everyone together?! Looking forward to that, and thank god for airmiles making it possible for us to get there!
For my birthday Jon and I are going to Banff for a day of snowboarding and a night at the Banff Springs Hotel (the castle- yep!). Fingers crossed for lots of snow!
The grand finale, a trip to Mexico! The four of us will be going to Puerto Vallarta for a week in May. I cannot wait to get there! We're trying out an all-inclusive, and I imagine that will be great for the kids. Woohoo baby/kids club!
We'll be on the verge of summer when we return, and I'm sure that will lead to many new adventures.
That is all for the update, we're going to be busy in the next little while, not mentioning "the usual routine" of preschool, dance, my course and everything in between!
| Daddy's helper |
| Julia and Buddy the preschool mascot |
No comments:
Post a Comment