Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Julia's First Day of Preschool!

Today was Julia's first day at preschool.  She has grown up so much I can hardly believe it!  She was very excited before we even left the house.  We packed her back pack with some grapes for her snack and some shoes, and she picked out her clothes (her "purple owl shirt").  When we got there she walked right in with confidence and started checking everything out.  She said hello to all the other kids and jumped right in there to play with them!  I talked to her teacher for a little while, and Julia walked up to me, hugged my legs and kissed me and simply said, "bye Mom!"  It was bittersweet.  Our 24/7 time is over, and we both have things to do, people to see and places to go- twice a week from 12:30-3 that is!  When I picked her up she had the biggest smile on her face as she played with some other kids.  It made my heart soar- seriously though!  She is growing up so beautifully and the time goes so quickly.  I'm happy to enjoy every day with such a sweet little soul! I love being a Mom, there really isn't anything more rewarding and exciting.  When we got in the car she told me everything, and I had a very satisfying feeling knowing this is the beginning of many chats with my daughter about her day, likes, dislikes, friends, foes, all of it.  I didn't ask, but it was music to my ears to hear her add, "I missed you when you were gone, Mommy". I asked if she was sad, and she quickly replied, "Nope!"  I couldn't be more thrilled for her.  She is such a doll.  Can't wait to hear more about preschool!  She is very excited to join her friend Dominic on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Awww this is beautiful Kira!! You can really feel your pride jumping off the screen! Congrats on your frist day of pre-school Juila!

    ReplyDelete