Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A midnight tale

Last night, approx 3:45 am, there were 3 in the bed and little one said "wahhh"- so I fed him. When he was finished, instead of being his personal pacifier I searched for his soother.  I searched everywhere.  I was on the floor crawling around cursing under my breath, moving pillows, taking blankets off of everyone. I hoped to God that it hadn't fallen behind the bed where it would lie in its susu grave for years.  And then...I heard a *smack* *smack* *smack*- coming from a little creature by the name of Julia. In the darkness I held up my phone, clicked it on, blinded myself by the light...but when I came to, what do you think I saw? Julia viciously sucking Jack's susu, completely asleep and happy as a clam.  I took it, rinsed it off, gave it back to its rightful owner, laughed to myself and went back to sleep.

Fast forward to this morning.

"Julia, did you take Jack's susu last night?"
*silence*
"Do you remember sucking on his susu last night?"
"Mommy, I really miss my susu."

1 comment:

  1. Awww that is too cute! Poor Julia...growing up is no fun!

    ReplyDelete