Sunday, May 16, 2010

Movin' on up!

We have been organizing, packing and purging all weekend and we are getting closer and closer to moving to our new house!! Jon is leaving on Thursday morning with his truck and trailer and a bunch of our stuff, and then Friday we get possession! He will paint, re-finish the floors, install some hardwood in the kids rooms and do some little touch-ups before we get there.  We have picked our paint colours and I can't wait to see the difference in the house from paint and new baseboard/mouldings! I'm so excited to work on this house with Jon, we have big plans, and although it will be over many years I know we can make this a real work of art! It's just very exciting to be able to call it our own.

Right now we are completely bombarded with boxes all over the house so it will be nice to clear these out and finish up with the rest of it. I have to say I am a little sad to say goodbye to this particular house, I got pretty attached to it over the past 9/10 months. I love the location, the yard, the deck, the actual house is so cute! But mostly, this is the house we brought Jack home to. Maybe I'm overly sentimental sometimes, but we'll always have Creery where we brought Julia home to. This was a great little home for us, a great transition before buying our own.

Vancouver has been beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL. The sun has been shining, it has been warm and we have seen some big blue sky these past few days. A couple trips to the beach, and many many hours spent playing outside on our deck and at the park. Of course, it being Vancouver, we are expecting a big dump of rain any minute now!


We are going to miss it here. It will be bittersweet to say goodbye.

On a different note! Just for fun...some names Julia has for Jack..thought I had better write them down before we all forget!

There's "coconut", "bokchoy" (I find this one hilarious after she asked what it was when we were at Kin's), "pudgey pie", "jack-a-lope", and my favourite and the most random- "honey bird".



Gotta love the mind of a 3 year old!




Working hard in the tub, after all, it is really an office!


 Check out those big blues



My favourite superhero


That's just how he rolls

1 comment:

  1. Im going to miss those sweet little faces, updates via blog and facebooks will be good but not the same. I cant wait to see your new place! You guys are amazing, so young so together, so grown up all at once! I wish you a successful move and great adjustment into your new home. xoxox

    ReplyDelete