Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Packing blues

The scene takes place at 9:30 pm on a quiet Tuesday night:

*half-packed boxes everywhere*
*mess everywhere*
*beautiful sleeping babies*
*piles of laundry*
*toys that were just put away all over the floor*
*exhausted momma retires to rocking chair with feet up*

It has been one hell of a day. Thurs/Fri were a write off for getting anything done I was goofing off with the kids. Saturday I was hit with a nasty bug and literally needed to sleep it off for 48 hours. That followed into a "nothing but sleep Sunday", and Monday worked up until about 4 still feeling crappy but what choice did I have? Didn't get anything else accomplished the rest of the night. Today was crazy. Driving here and there, packing, organizing, driving again, taking Julia to preschool, picking Julia up from preschool in the midst of this madness! I cleaned out my car, organized photos, packed a bunch of boxes, got a bunch of donations ready to take out of my house, posted a ton of stuff on craigslist, feed kids, bathe kids, put kids to bed. Packing sucks. I've done it before too many times and its so blah. Lonely, boring job. It is just hella overwhelming and I'm getting frustrated! On top of it all I miss Jon, a lot. Its very quiet without him and its tiring being alone with the kids especially at bedtime. I've had Jess around to help me out and she is great! Can't thank her enough for being so helpful and thoughtful with all this craziness going on that she is not used to! I'm also grateful my man is taking the time to fix up our house prior to us getting there, he works so hard and he is definitely appreciated by this wifey! Just gotta complain sometimes, and maybe I'm a little tired and cranky, but I'm feeling a little lonely tonight and just want my guy home now!

Tomorrow is a fresh day, time to retire to the 'ol rocking chair and watch some crappy cable ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment